1. 50% cotton and 50% polyester shirts do not discharge well with bleach, always check the label, assume nothing! (not even close to the look I was going for and the photo looks better than the actual fabric)
2. Bleach pens get old and don’t work as well as a fresh pen.
3. Make a sample, it saves time in the long run.
5. Iron freezer paper on the back of fabric that you are painting to keep the paint from seeping through the fabric.
6. Make a copy of you design, that way if you make a mistake you have a back up copy and won’t have to start from scratch.
7. Be flexible, sometimes you plan needs to change to accomplish the look you are going for.
8. If you must spray bleach water do it outside or you will be sorry, trust me, I know.
9. White vinegar neutralizes bleach, keep it handy to stop bleaching action, rinse fabric thoroughly and launder the bleached fabric.
10. A day where you learn something, but don’t necessarily accomplish anything is not a wasted day.
All of these lessons came up today, hopefully tomorrow I will have a completed project to share.