I found this tutorial on Craftster and thought that the possibilities were endless. This is my first attempt and I have to say it was really easy. This is a super gift idea, I made these to coordinate with my Mother’s dining room.
Here’s what I learned:
* Masking fluid is similar to rubber cement, so you could substitute if you can’t get masking fluid.
* I bought a masking kit at Hobby Lobby that included masking fluid, an applicator, and a removing tool (rubber cement pick up square) for $15.99(-40% off coupon).
* Using tracing paper to trace the white spaces is a bad idea, the lines won’t come off (do this project during the day and hold it up to a window like to tutorial suggests!)
* Don’t make yourself crazy trying to get it perfect, it will be fine if it’s not.
* Allow plenty of time for your masking fluid to dry.
This project went really fast and I’m sure that it will be a super gift. The great thing is it’s super easy, so go get your supplies and make your own!