This pattern really appealed to me because all of the aprons were full and vintage styled with more details and cuteness that just a plain apron. All of the designs feature pockets and bias binding. View A could be worn as a summer top. I chose to make view C.
I decided to use two different fabrics for the design to highlight the ruffles and ties. The directions are easy to follow and all of the seams are enclosed or finished with bias binding, which I really like. If I made the pattern again I would make the waist ties differently, probably doubling the width of the pattern and sewing a tube and turning rather that trying to double fold the fabric into a narrow hem around the edge. I was disappointed that a pattern that uses so much bias binding has no hints or suggestions for working with it. “Apply binding to pocket edge” is not the easiest to accomplish when the pockets are heart shaped and there are no suggestions for getting the binding into that shape. I did try to pre-shape it with my iron and I very carefully sewed it on, but in the end was unhappy with how it looked. You’ll notice that my finished apron has no pockets. I would also like to mention that I ironed all the creases out of my binding before I began applying it.
I do plan on making at least one more of the views of this pattern and since this was purchased to $.99 (Hobby Lobby sale) I feel it has been a real value. This pattern is for you if you are looking for a more elaborate apron for a special little girl and enjoy applying bias binding.